Sunday, July 15, 2012

Book Review of Celtic Magic by Amber LaShell




Fantasy?  Check.  Romance?  Check.  Action?  Check.

Abby Kane was a normal girl doing normal things, until one day when her father asked her a strange request.  Thus starts a whole new world and discoveries for her.  She starts working for her deceased mothers good friend Jasmine and moves into her own apartment.  She meets Tom at a cafe and they have an instant attraction.  She discovers she possesses magical powers and that the mother she thought was dead really is a Celtic Goddess living in a magical world.  Oh, and then she discovers that an evil fairy queen, Elysia, wants her dead.  

Amber LaShell dives into this magical book head on.  I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a huge fan of fantasy but Ms. LaShell made this one fun.  The writing is imaginative and the story is entertaining.  There were a few twists and turns along the way and some comical moments.  The ending of this book was the best though.  Ms. LaShell left my jaw dropping when I read the last few words of this book.  

I will say that there were some moments I had a hard time connecting with.  There were a few times I thought something was a little much.  That being said, I still would say it's a fun read and am happy I had the chance to review it for my blog.  I would recommend this book for the older YA generation on up as there is some sexual content.  

You can find more about Amber on her website:
http://www.amberlashell.net/



Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment